It’s on Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook . . . It’s everywhere! It seems like everyone is doing the Ombre. But, as a Birthday GIrl, you don’t want to just follow a trend without adding your own celebratory flare. We introduce you to the new world of pastel ombre. Don’t worry; you don’t need to spend a fortune to get your hair colored at the salon, we're going to teach you how to color your hair temporarily so you can wash out the crazy colors the next day. All you need is a box of soft pastels from any art store and you can give yourself a pastel-ombre makeover.
- Soft pastel chalks from the art store
- A spray bottle filled with water
- Hair spray
1. Take a little piece of your hair (about an inch or so) and twist the ends
2. Spray the ends of your hair with water
3. Rub the soft pastel chalk up and down the area you want colored
4. Shake it off to get rid of excess chalk (make sure you’re wearing an old t-shirt because this can get messy)
5. Seal in the color with hair spray
You don’t necessarily have to use pastel colors; you can try any color and use as many colors as you’d like. Now, you’re ready to flaunt your pastel ombre at your birthday party!